We are here to listen, hear, believe and acknowledge all Care Leavers’ experiences and to raise awareness about the abuse, neglect and trauma they suffered. We are here to help you, not harm you.
CLAN (Care Leavers Australasia Network) offers support to people who have grown up in Orphanages, Children’s Homes, Missions, Foster Care and other Child Welfare institutions in Australia and New Zealand. We also support close family members of Care Leavers.
Our support services include:
- Membership with CLAN for Care Leavers and their family
- Free counselling
- Helping you get state ward files and records
- Help to locate lost family members and friends
- Assistance with National Redress Scheme applications and nominee forms
- Support with Centrelink, Housing departments, Police and Courts
- Help in contacting other services
- An Australian Orphanage Museum
- A newsletter, the Clanicle, where you can publish your story
- Social get-togethers in each State
- A library
- Up-to-date information on the National Redress, news articles and other public events
Annual Report Archive