HOW CAN THE CLAN COUNSELLING SERVICE HELP YOU?
CLAN offers free telephone counselling and face-to-face counselling in our Sydney & Melbourne office.
Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 5:00pm
Each session is by appointment only and goes for 50 minutes.
The CLAN Counselling Service can help Care Leavers and their families in a number of ways:
- Counselling sessions for Care Leavers or any family members of a Care Leaver
- Assistance in completing your National Redress Scheme Application (free of charge)
- Support in writing a Police Statement
- Advice and referrals to other agencies and services that may be able to assist you
- Assistance to locate and apply for State Ward and/or Home Records
- Assistance with literacy problems to fill out forms, write letters, etc.
- Advocate on behalf of Care Leavers with Churches, Charities or Government Departments who ran Orphanages, Homes, Missions or any other Child Welfare Institutions
WHO CAN USE THE CLAN COUNSELLING SERVICES?
People who were raised in Orphanages, Children’s Homes, Missions, Foster Care, and any other Child Welfare Institutions. Family members of Care Leavers are also eligible for Counselling with CLAN.
CLAN’s counselling service is free and you do not need to be a member of CLAN.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Please call the CLAN Office on 1800 008 774 to make an appointment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments are necessary as most days are fully booked. If you are unable to keep to an appointment due to illness or a sudden change of plans, please contact the CLAN Office so that we can fit another Care Leaver into the session time slot.
Please note that the CLAN counselling service is not a crisis line – it is by appointment only. In the event of a crisis, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Mensline on 1300 78 99 78. Call 000 in the event of emergencies.