Anderson’s Bay Orphanage and Day School
This home was opened in 1919, part of a larger 16 acre site at Vauxhall known as the Anchorage. It included an orphanage and day school. In 1929 the baby section closed, and the boys moved to the Temuka Boys’ Home. It continued as a Girls’ Home until 1941.
The Anchorage also had a Girls’ Industrial Home around the same time. This was similar to a probation hostel, with most of the girls referred by the courts.