Presbyterian Boys’ Home/Hostel Dunedin
When the Presbyterian Orphanage opened in 1907, boys over 10 years were housed over the bridge in the Axelsens’ home at 64 Clyde Street “to meet government regulations”. The Boys’ Home moved into the 41 Clyde Street premises when the other home moved to Grants Braes. From about the time of the opening of Glendining Home (1913) it became a hostel for working boys. In 1916 there were about 20 boys living there. It closed in 1921.