Inglenook Home Gore
This home opened in 1948 as a replacement for Invercargill’s Cameron Home. It was initially located in a two-storied property, formerly the house of the MacGibbon family, in Huron Street, East Gore. In 1964 this was replaced by a more modern building in Ardwick Street, Gore.
The home closed in 1980 and the building was then leased to the NZ Society for the Intellectually Handicapped.