Cameron Home Invercargill
Cameron Home, located in Gordon Street, Enwood, Invercargill, opened in 1917 with accommodation for 22 Southland children, who had previously been sent to the Dunedin homes.
In 1919, when Gladstone Home for Boys opened, Cameron became a home for girls only. When Allison House later became overcrowded, some of the smaller boys moved to Cameron House.
Cameron House itself had become overcrowded and run down by the 1940s – in 1948 it closed down and the children moved to Inglenook Home. Cameron continued for a short time as a home for “elderly ladies” until the new Peacehaven opened in February 1954.