Anglican Memorial Home for Boys Vauxhall
Money for this home, which opened in November 1918, was raised as an Anglican war memorial project. In 1933 St Mary’s Orphanage closed and the children combined together at the Memorial Home. By the 1960s the home was falling into disrepair and plans were made for its reconstruction. This did not, however, go ahead – partly because of escalating building costs, but chiefly because the Child Care Committee now favoured placing children in foster homes. By 1971 there were about 10 children living in the home. it closed in 1972 with the remaining children moving into foster care.